Alabama Orthopaedic Surgeons is dedicated to providing the highest quality care to patients experiencing problems with arthritis, sports injuries, fractures, and other conditions. Visit our clinic to see why so many Birmingham families trust our orthopedic doctors.
Surgeon Experience You Can Trust
Our surgeons have a combined 60 years of experience providing specialized care to patients. We are proud to employ surgeons with a variety of experience and backgrounds, so you’re sure to find a doctor in our practice that understands your needs.
Meet Our Providers
- Dr. Donald Slappey, Jr. is a physician specializing in surgical repairs and joint replacement. Dr. Slappey has been providing compassionate care to patients for more than 35 years.
- Dr. Spain Hodges specializes in on-the-job injuries, spinal surgery, neck surgery, and general orthopedic concerns. Dr. Hodges has been practicing medicine for more than 13 years.
- Dr. Jason Cobb has been practicing for over a decade. Dr. Cobb specializes in general surgery, orthopedic trauma, and fracture care.
- Dr. Timothy A. Cool is an Orthopedic surgeon who specializes in total joint reconstruction and revisions.
- Dr. Jerry Ambrosia practices general orthopedic surgery including fracture care, joint replacement, and sports injuries. He has subspecialty training in shoulder arthroscopy, joint replacement and complex reconstructions.
- Madison Hoyle, Nurse Practitioner.
- Julie Lee, Physician Assistant for Dr. Cool
Areas of Service
At Alabama Orthopaedic Surgeons, we perform procedures and treatments with highly qualified medical providers. Here are some of the major conditions that we treat through surgery:
- Arthritic conditions of the ankle, foot, wrist, hand, knee, elbow, shoulder, and spine
- Total joint replacements
- Fractures and soft tissue trauma
- Sports injuries to ligaments, bones, and cartilage
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Foot, ankle, and hand surgery
- Shoulder surgery
- Spine surgery
Our treatment areas are not limited to the services above. We also offer on-site physical therapy, sports medicine, joint replacement education classes, and more. If you’re experiencing a problem not listed on our website, call us to schedule an appointment. We accept walk-ins for your convenience, and we try to schedule same-day appointments for new patients when possible. We also provide emergency care services. If you are a new patient, please fill out the new patient paperwork and bring it with you to your appointment.